The English proficiency test is one of the first steps if students are thinking about going to English dominated country for higher study. Majority of the students have heard of two exams. They are PTE and IELTS. Among these two PTE is the least popular among students
Which of the two tests is easier, IELTS or PTE?
The English proficiency test is one of the first steps if students are thinking about going to English dominated country for higher study. Majority of the students have heard of two exams. They are PTE and IELTS. Among these two PTE is the least popular among students. This article should be helpful to you if you are considering PTE. IELTS on the other hand is much more popular than any other English proficiency tests out there. There are different institutions that prepare students for IELTS. This exam is widely accepted among students as well as foreign universities. This exam is also part of a very old system that has been going on for a long time. Whereas PTE is fairly a new examination system. This English proficiency test is also much more modern than IELTS. Although by any means if students think that PTE is easier than IELTS then they are wrong. The level of difficulty for PTE is the same as IELTS.
The format of the exam may be different but not the difficulty.
The differences of IELTS and PTE are stated below:1.PTE is a 100% computer based system.
2.PTE focuses more on shorter tasks, 20 different ones .
Following tips will help to choose right exam for you:
- PTE is a 100% computer based exam so students need to use a computer for the exam. If you are not good with computers or you have no access to the internet IELTS is for you.
- IELTS has a human examiner who tests out the accent of the student and also the pronunciation. In the case of PTE this is a problem. So if you are born in Pakistan or Cambodia you may have a different accent. IELTS will be better for you. PTE focuses hard on accent. There is a chance that you might fail for having a different accent.
- PTE in all scenarios provides results quicker than IELTS. This can be another reason for you to choose PTE over IELTS.
- If you have less time to prepare but you are confident in your English skills, grammar, listening and speaking skills then PTE is a quicker test for you but the difficulty level is almost the same.
- Practice of PTE is a bit easy because they have a website for it. This website gives you a hint of the real exam before you opt for it.
- In the end it can be concluded that both the tests are difficult and rigorous. If the preparation is not upto the mark you can fail in any exam and PTE or IELTS is no exception. These tests are designed to provide universities to judge your English proficiency in terms of speaking, reading, listening and writing. They are accepted by almost every university for some reason. Sometimes these test scores are also used by the immigration offices to understand you better.
Here at Crizac Global we help students live their dream of studying abroad. We help students to choose the right university and get the right course for their future. We also help students to crack the credibility interview and visa interview as well for free of cost. If you are willing to study abroad do consider giving us a call for more information.