The University of Northampton is a public university based in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England. It was formed in 1999 by the amalgamation of a number of training colleges and gained full university status as The University of Northampton in 2005.
The University of Northampton does things a little differently. The university is set in the heart of England, in Northamptonshire – just an hour outside London and Birmingham – and is moving to a brand new campus in 2018. The university is dedicated to supporting student experience, employability and helping grow individuals who are empowered to bring about social change. More than 14,000 students attend courses in the arts, science and technology, business, education, health and social sciences in the university's two campu..
English Language Requirements:
1) English Waiver:
- Standard XII (From CBSE and CISCE Board): At least 60% in English
2) IELTS: 6.0 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in each band (or equivalent)
3) LanguageCert: 33/50 in each component
4) Pearson PTE Academic: Completed with an average of 65 with no score lower than 59 in all skills.
5) TOEFL (iBT): 70 overall (minimum score: Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Writing – 17, Speaking- 20)
1) English Waiver:
- Standard XII (From CBSE and CISCE Board): At least 70% in English
2) IELTS: 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each other band (or equivalent)
3) LanguageCert International ESOL SELT (C1): 33/50 in each component
4) Pearson PTE Academic: Completed with an average of 70 with no score lower than 59 in each of listening, reading, and speaking, and 65 in writing.
5) TOEFL (iBT): 88 overall (minimum score: Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Writing – 17, Speaking- 20)
(Note: Please look at individual course requirements before proceeding.)
1) Standard 12
2) International Baccalaureate Diploma
3) International Baccalaureate Certificate with good results
4) Successful completion of a Foundation programme from a UK awarding body
5) A Levels
1) 3-Year or 4-Year Bachelor’s degree – dependent on the awarding institution and final grade,
2) Successful completion of a recognised pre-Master’s programme.
Priority for campus accommodation is given to first year students.
The university has two campuses: Park, and Avenue. Each has on-site accommodation where students can opt to live in mixed or single gender flats. Facilities on both sites include a common room, free Wi-Fi and a laundry.
The halls of residence offer a variety of different room types that cater for different preferences, designed to suit all budgets; the majority are en-suite and all are self-catering. Rent includes utility bills, a cleaning service and insurance.
A Residential Life team of students and staff provide pastoral support and guidance, and there is round-the-clock on-campus security.
|Conditional Offer||Unconditional Offer||CAS|
|2 Weeks||1 Week||1 Week|
The University of Northampton International Scholarship
The University of Northampton International Scholarship Scheme is a merit-based scholarship that provides up to a 30% reduction in tuition fees. All full-time courses taught on campus fall within the scheme and you will be considered for a scholarship on the basis of your academic achievement. You do not have to apply for this scholarship separately from your initial application and you will be informed of the outcome in your offer letter.
There are numerous other scholarships.Please refer university website for detail qualifications required.
You can also apply for the British Government's Chevening Scholarships, and a variety of private agencies and charities for scholarships, bursaries and grants to study in the UK. For more information visit the British Council website or the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.
Some key facts of University of Northampton
The Complete University Guide 2018 : 110
The Guardian University League Tables 2018 :105
University of Northampton received a plaque from the National Railway Heritage Awards (NRHA)
The University signs an MoU to be part of the Nurse Cadets programme.
The University of Northampton was named one of the world’s top 30 Higher Education institutions